Monday, April 19, 2010

The National Geographic Earth Day Run

Praise God for another fun run at MOA with my teammates and my siblings! So far I think this is the most expensive run I did because I did not get any freebie. Hehe. Anyway, I joined the run to, er, run so I guess that's ok. And I had a great time with my friends which is priceless. ;P

This is my 3rd 10K and once again I targeted to reach that elusive sub-1. And to get that, I should run less than 6 mins per km. My first 1k was at 5:30 which I thought was good because that meant if I could keep that pace, I would reach the finish line in 55 minutes. My next 1k was the fastest - I was there at 10:30, meaning I got to 2k in 5 minutes. By that time, I knew I would get sub-1.

I went on with my regular 10k pace which is about 6 mins per km. Anyway, I had a 1:30 lead time already. However perhaps due to insufficient training and lack of sleep, I was already tired and a bit dizzy at 5k (after 1 lap). But I knew I could still go on one more lap.

And so I did. At 6K and 7k (I think even at 8k) I was still 1 minute ahead of target. I was saying to myself, "Come on, Early! Just a few more kms!" And when I saw the 9k marker, I thought "This is it! Finally!" I could already see the finish line.

However, the right turn to get there was longer than what I remember, like the finish line moved or something. Anyway, I got there eventually. I saw the long line of 5k runners queueing to submit their bar codes. To my right, I saw my girlfriend Tey with Coach Noel and my brother. Here's me waving at them.



But because I went near the sidelines, I sort of got lost. The 10k queue was at the middle lane, I was at the rightmost. I had to cross the 5k queue to get back on track. I sped off to the finish line.

I looked at my watch and - turon!!! - my time was... 1:00:51!!! NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I missed sub-1 again!

What?!! Anyway, yeah.. That's the story of my life. Hehe. I'm still hoping that the official time would have a few seconds adjustment (hopefully 52 seconds) for the start delay and the bar code queue. :))))

Anyway, here are the photos from the run. Thanks to my girlfriend Teytey as always.

My Piolo Shot :))


...with my sister and my brother


...with killer girlfriend... :))


Coach Noel


Faster and Higher! :))


Earl and Mils


eOMS Running Team


...and of course the Superposition!




3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your strong run :) Actually, the race distance was about 400-450 meters long on most people's GPS watches so I'm sure you got that sub-60 already. Keep it up and see you on the road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. like the superposition. congrats for an enjoyable run. :) -Mariel

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys! I'll see you around! yes, I like superposition too. :P

    ReplyDelete