Sunday, July 18, 2010

Eng'gfinity : The Engineering Centennial Run

July 18, 2010 UP Diliman. Letting go of PR targets for this run, I decided to run next to my girlfriend Tey and act as her pacer for her first ever 10k! Good job to my darling for finishing with an unofficial time of 1:27:17! :)))) Do you think you'll be ready for your first half-mary by November? :))



I also got the chance to join the UP Gears and Pinions Runners and we all finished together! Thanks for letting me and Tey carry the flag to the finish line! The closer the better! ;)







Of course, my HP running mates were also there during the run. Here are some pics.

Boys - Earl, Eugene, Noel


Girls - Mils, Tey, Dada


I honestly had fun today. It wasn't a very big event but it really felt like home - and I saw a lot of familiar faces too!

However, I think some guys got lost. Eugene and Noel themselves ran a different route from mine. But they still got all four straw markers. The distance registered in Eugene's Garmin was 9.6k.

"Dalawang ikot ako dun sa labas tapos dalawa dito sa oval." - Eugene


Other than this, I believe the run was generally ok. Just the right number of water stations and a nice route [although 10k was just 2x 5k].

I'll see you guys in the next centennial run! Yeah right. :P

Here are some more pics [from Kristine Millano, Ji Reyes, and Tristan Ramirez].

Cone Heads


:))


Oblation Jump


...and the Superposition. :))





3 comments:

  1. Nice singlet! It's always nice to pace loved ones from time to time, a run shared is always fun. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! Thanks, GIngerbreadman! haha..

    I can always make lambing at sabihin na pagod na ako so we can rest and slow down a bit.. hehe!!

    ReplyDelete