Monday, May 21, 2012

My Wedding Experience - A Message of Thanks


The Lord has been truly amazing to me this year in many inexplicable ways and I am just thankful that He even blessed me with a wonderful wedding! As cliché as it may sound, the words I know are not enough to describe how grateful I am right now. The ceremony has been fun, and now I'm praying that the marriage will even be more fantastic!

I thank my wife Tey for standing, sitting, running, other-verb-ing, with me all throughout our six years (plus almost 7 months of preparations) together. My eyes still sparkle when I call her my "wife". Finally.

I intend to extend my gratitude to everyone who helped out in making our momentous dream day come true. I'm truly sorry if I miss to single out anyone but I hope you would understand that I'm still walking on air, awestruck by God's blessing.

It is easier for me to list down the important people without regard to form and parallelism. :) Please forgive me if I don't dot the i's and cross the t's. It would look something like this: dot the |'s and cross the |'s.

  • My Family - Daddy, Mommy, EI (sister), and IE (brother) - for their support throughout the preparations and for giving me "space" in our new home within a home.
    • Dad for his meticulous cleaning of the giveaway shells and packing everything we need (and we don't need :D).
    • Mom for almost everything "from the ground up", including buying the engagement ring, writing the script, printing whatever, and driving me to several trips to anywhere wedding-related (mostly to Divi).
    • Special thanks to my sister for being the emcee and all-around girl on my day, despite her lack of sleep and nutrition. Also, a big big big thanks to my dear sister for being a "major sponsor" if you know what I mean.
    • My brother for being the best man and (supposedly) taking care of the rings.
  • My  newly-proclaimed In-Laws - Papa Marlo, Mama Eunice, Ate Aizh, Sarah, and Gian. Without you guys, my wife will not be who she is right now, and who she is is the one who loves me dearly. Thanks to Mama for taking care of the "Calapan Items" we need.
  • Pastor Gerwin Castillo for officiating our wedding and for speaking of great blessings for our marriage.
  • Tita Day and Tita Bengga for being my "Punong-Abalas" (Inconvenience Trees?) on that day, telling me to relax and enjoy my day.
  • To Tita Day for helping me out with many of the tiny details, which include the ceremony aisle, the center pieces (fish bowls), the invitations (bottles, printing, and all), and the add-ons on Tey's gown, among others.
  • Tita Lydia, Tita Bengga, Tita Dina, and Tita Day (even Ninang Fe) for making Room 204 a rush chocolate factory for my giveaways. Thanks to Tita Lydia for the chocolates.
  • Ate Aizh and Kuya Rodel for lending their beautiful voices for my wife's grand entrance ("Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin").
  • Brother Ed Fabian for his song "Labis Kung Umibig" used in the opening and for his arrangement of "Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin".
  • The girls who sang for my ceremony and/or reception:
    • Chrizelle ("Ngayon at Kailanman")
    • Mhai ("Love Will Be Our Home" and "Light of a Million Mornings")
    • Sarah, my sister-in-law ("From This Moment")
    • Princess ("Because You Loved Me")
  • All our Ninongs and Ninangs from all over the globe - Thanks for your generosity and for travelling all the way to Calapan to witness our special day. I consider all of you as our extended family.
  • Our Abays - Madami kayo masyado pero you know who you are! The ceremony will literally be incomplete without you.
  • Special mention to Jessie for her craftsmanship on the pearl accessories!
  • Our Kiddie Entourage - Miguel, Brant, Abry, Cara, Gabby, Niqhola, Iya, and Sam. You added a touch of cuteness on our day! 
  • Ushers and Usherettes - Aimee, Gian, Ivan, Chico, Noelle, Angelie, Kristia, Kaela - thanks for ushering (obviously), for overseeing the game, for the distribution of leis, for the party poppers, and many more. [To be honest, I am almost sure I missed someone because everything had been a whirl for me during the event. Sorry but thank you very much!]
  • Thanks for the video greetings as well - Tita Ela and Tito Ipe, Ninang Liezl, Rein and Joe, and Jepoy Hidalgo. How we wished you were physically there but thanks sincerely for your heartwarming messages!
  • Thanks to Alyssa for the shoes from SG and the cute little bears!
  • DL and Sarah for choreographing our first dance! We had the time of our lives! :D
  • Guj and the rest of Redsheep for the awesome pictures! I knew I would get great value when I enlisted your coverage. Honestly astonishing!
  • Kuya Dexter Gamboa for your generous heart in doing our video coverage.
  • Ate Daisy for the flowers. Splendid work on the gazebo!
  • Ate Ellen and the rest of the Anahaw people for everything related to the venue (even coordination work with the cake and the photo booth).
  • I thank everyone who congratulated us and sent their best wishes (and gifts!), even those who were not able to make it to the venue. I completely understand. After all, it's technically overseas already. :P


From the bottom of my heart (which feels so big with gratitude right now), I thank all our guests for making their way to Anahaw Island View Resort last May 12, 2012 to witness God's outpouring of blessings for our day. I pray that the Lord continue to bless each and every one of you, as He has been blessing Tey and me.

I know that marriage will be a long and challenging journey. But with God and all of you to guide us, I believe that we will make it through anything.

This sounds self-serving but here goes: "Mabuhay ang bagong kasal!" :D:D:D

I have reached the finish line of singlehood. Please join me and Tey as we embark on our new journey together -- as husband and wife.

7 comments:

  1. So sweet! :) Congrats and best wishes Kuya Earl and Tey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course, everything for my dearest son. Wish you and Tey a lifetime of good health, happiness, love & romance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anchweet! <3
    Congrats Earl and Teytey! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can feel love in the air! ;)) sayang we were not able to make it on ur big day! ;( Congrats earl and tey! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  5. naks sweet nman ni earl royce! kya pla nahumaling ang pinsan ko! best wishes for both of you! Godbless you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kiss everyday ... and Pray everyday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats and welcome to the club. :D

    ReplyDelete