Thursday, May 31, 2012

Race Shopping 2012

Now that I'm back on the road, I'm also back on one of my favorite pastimes -- shopping for races!!!

And where else to look but in takbo.ph! :P

If you want to see me on the road for some reason :P, here's a list of the races I plan to join this year and why:

June 17 - Unilab Run United 2 2012 RU2 21K (SM MOA) - For the 3rd straight year, I am joining the Unilab Run 2. I guess I'm just a big fan of Unilab (2). :P

July 1 - 5th Robinsons Fit & Fun Wellness Buddy Run 2012 10K (BGC) - It says it's the 5th already but I haven't joined one. Now that I have a sure "buddy" (my wife of course), I think I'll give this a try.

July 15 - Springboard Run 2012 16K (Paranaque) - I live in Paranaque. Enough said. :D

July 29 Milo Marathon 2012 Manila Eliminations 21K (Manila) - I only did 5K in the 2010 Milo Manila Elims and it was a disaster because of the intense number of people! Some say longer distances are better so I want to try it myself this year.

September 16 - Unilab Run United 3 2012 21K or 32K - Actually I'm still thinking if I'll do 32K. The last time I did that I was injured. Not sure I can get to enough fitness level, given that I haven't run a long distance in a year!

October 21 - Freedom Run 2012 10K (UP Diliman) - Its goal of promoting freedom is epic and I want to run in UP.

December 2 - Quezon City International Marathon 2012 21K - I haven't tried this one yet. Sounds interesting.

I'll probably update this every now and then as I learn more about these races. But it's indeed a wonderful feeling to be excited again by all these roads I can run!

No comments:

Post a Comment