Saturday, March 6, 2010

Century Superbods Run

Thanks to my girlfriend (who also gave me money to register), I ran 10k for the Century Superbods Run! [Btw, my girlfriend's not my sugar mom - wala pa nga lang sweldo when I registered and bought shoes].

Many from our team in HP joined Century. In this pic from left to right: Carmina, me, Mils, Chrissie, Charles, and Noel.



The gun starts were earlier than scheduled. I was still contemplating on going to the portalets again when the countdown for 10k started.

I was aiming to go top 15% again for this run. However, as early as 2k, I felt cramps on my left leg. I tried to push for a while but I just couldn't so I stopped in the mid-island for a while and stretched (it felt like my tibia will stick out of my skin).

After a few seconds of being a geek (thinking whether it was really tibia or fibula or if it was just lactic acid buildup), I went back on track, slowly at first then back to my race pace after about 2k again (I saw the markers).

A few distractions were helpful - like the models at the water stations who made me go even slower - to forget the pain and start going faster.

I was able to finish with an official chip time of 1:08:44. Not bad, considering I stopped for a while. However, I did not meet my top 15% goal. In fact, I was almost at 50%. Here's my Runpix (about 43% of runners ahead of me).



I'm targeting to do sub-1 next time. That should be enough to get me to top 15%. :))

Here's my only searchable photovendo pic.


I planned to get pictures with celebrities but I only got one - Manny Paksiw with Freddie Roots!


Yeah! I conquered 10K!


Nice arc, Coach Rio!


Big big tuna!


The Superposition - I think I finally got it right.


Runrio Leg 2 - I'm coming for you! [21k for the win!]

No comments:

Post a Comment