Saturday, March 6, 2010

My new New Balance 560

I was really excited to run again after my epic failure in Takbo Para Kay Gibo. I registered for the Condura Run for the Dolphins a week later at ATC with my girlfriend.

Five of my Gibo running mates were running the 21k of Condura. Just to be unique, I registered for 5k. :)) I knew for a fact that I couldn't go beyond 5k yet.

But for this run, I was bringing something special: new running shoes! With financial assistance from my ever loving girlfriend, I was able to get a New Balance 560 two days before the run.

I know getting new shoes a few days before the run is not really the bestest of ideas but my Yonex pair almost did not survive Gibo. Anyway, I tested it for a 500m sprint when I got home and another 2km the next day (day before the run).

It felt a bit weird at first, running with new shoes. I've had my Yonex for 3 years and I used it for almost everything - badminton, running, jumping, walking, lazy gyming, casual, semi-formal.

But I like the N-fuse technology that comes with the NB 560. It combines two foams with different densities, providing soft cushioning on top and support and compression set at the bottom. It's indeed a great basic running shoe for neutral runners. Of course I googled that bit. On a personal note, I say that it's a nice pair and they look good on me (says my girlfriend too). :D

While I'm at it, allow me a paragraph to say that I love the support that my girlfriend gives me for my running. Aside from the new kicks, she also got me a new pair of Nike socks and encouraged me to register for 10k in Century Superbods! [Talk about girlfriend pressure!]

No comments:

Post a Comment