Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My First Attempt at 15K on UP Acad Oval

I have a hypothetical math question for you. In how many rounds on an oval path of 2.2 km circumference will Eugene and Noel meet Earl again for the first time if Earl is on an average 1.5 min / km slower than Eugene and Noel? Hint: On a normal day, Eugene and Noel can finish 10km in 52 minutes 30 seconds.

I do not know the answer yet but last Sunday, it took them about 4.8 rounds at the UP Acad oval! I was able to keep up with them for 2 rounds but it felt like I already hit the wall after that. I just wanted to keep going, push further, and finish 7 rounds too (which was about 15.4 km).

However, I think I was really in bad training condition. I only completed 5 rounds for a total of 11 km. I guess I can say that my first attempt is simply what it was - an attempt!

Although I was 4.4 km short of my target, I positively consider it to be another milestone for me or to be more accurate - a kilometerstone! I added one more kilometer to my longest distance completed!

On Sunday, I intend to go beat that distance record again by completing the 15 km category of The Green Miles at MOA!

What should my average pace (min/km) be if I want to finish 15 km within 1 hr 45 mins? :P

4 comments:

  1. 7 minutes per kilometer! But you can do better than that! ;) Try 6 min/km!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope! 5.625 min / km - normal

      Delete
    2. Military exam agility test..... push up then sit up then run 2mile run 18minutes

      Delete
  2. I believe in you! You can do it, love!

    ReplyDelete