Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Runner's Dream

No, not dream - the amibition. I mean dream - the series of mental images that occur to you involuntarily while you sleep...

I had a crazy one last night...

I'm in the office and I know that it's race day. I check my watch and it's already 530am. I think we're late.

I check the map, the race is scheduled at 930am. I go down with my cousin's lolo to buy water. We go to a police station to get water from the chief's refrigerator.

I look at my watch again. For some reason, it's already 915am. I'll be late. Good thing I'm already in my running attire. But boy oh boy I left my bib at the office! I phone my teammates to bring my bib but they are already at the start line.

I run back to the office. But where am I? Look again. I'm rushing to my high school classroom. And I have a big backpack. I need to get to that classroom to get my bib. I don't want to be late. I don't want to miss the gun start.

But my legs are heavy. Very stiff and very numb. It's like running in the pool. But you can't stop me. I run up to 6th floor. But our classroom is at the 2nd floor. I go down. I'm lost.

My heart beats fast. Fast and hard.


Then I wake up. My heart's still pounding. But I realize that it's only Friday. I have not yet missed the run. And I pray that I don't.

Ever.

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be...”


No comments:

Post a Comment